Monday, November 5, 2012

Working from Home

I returned back to work after 11 weeks of maternity leave and vacation days.  Mike took off four days of work, and I ended up back in the house working from home on Friday. One of the perks at my work place is that if you work longer hours during the week, you can take half-day Fridays. A lot of the time I was traveling or had extra work at the end of the week, so I ended up taking "3/4-day Fridays." Still, Fridays are great because the time off allows me to schedule doctor's appointments and run errands. 
So...working half-day Fridays with a baby and dog can be challenging! If the baby is crying, she has to be fed, changed, and then put back to sleep.You lose your train of thought, and then waste time getting back in "work mode."   I ended up working for the whole day, but probably only finishing a half-day of work.  I doubt I'll be working from home again in the future, unless it's really necessary. I figure that if I'm more efficient at the office, then I will spend less time working there than if I were to bring my work home with me. 
I also had to take of baby #2 (a.k.a. Butters the dog).  He may look cute and cuddly, but he can sometimes be a needy dog!

No comments: