Saturday, November 3, 2012

Blueberry Cream Cheese Crossiants

There used to be a Japanese bakery on Waialae Ave where SuperCuts is (near a Light Fixtures store) that I loved going to.  They used to sell a circular croissant filled with a blueberry cream cheese filling called, "sombrero."
My mom tried to replicate it years ago, and only until recently did I try to replicate it again.
I had a can of blueberry pie filling in my pantry and I was not sure what to do with it. The recipes that I found online were mainly blueberry pie recipes, so I decided to make a batch of these croissants for a dinner I was attending. 

I "cheated" and bought some mini croissants from Sam's Club.
The croissants looked a bit limp and lacked the flaky exterior, so I toasted them in the oven for about 15 minutes. 
I then mixed cream cheese, powdered sugar, and blueberry pie filling together. Since I did not have a recipe, I determined the proportions through trial and error.  I think I ended up using two blocks of cream cheese (16 oz total), half the can of blueberry filling (I tried to use more blueberry pieces than the goo), and then about 2 cups of powdered sugar. 
After the ingredients were blended, I chilled it in the fridge for a couple of hours (I did this because I had other things to do around the house), cut the croissants in half, placed a generous scoop of filling inside, and then dusted powdered sugar on the top. 
So there you go, a quick and easy dessert that's tasty too!

No comments: