Saturday, November 24, 2012

Texas Restaurant~La Duni

Now that it's Thanksgiving break, I have a few days to look through my drafts and post about some of the restaurants that Mike and I went to pre-baby.
I've been to La Duni in central Dallas and I heard that brunch is pretty good here. Early this year (or was it late last year, another La Duni opened up near the Allen Premium Outlet mall.  La Duni is known for their Latin cuisine and I've heard from numerous people that brunch at La Duni is scrumptious.  
Mike ordered the Brunch Chile Relleno-Roasted poblano pepper filled with refried black beans, bacon bits, 2 scrambled eggs, cheddar, mozzarella and gruyere cheeses, queso fresco, and charred salsa roja, and roasted potatoes  He thought it was tasty, but thought that the portion could be bigger for the price.  His meal was about $11 and he could have eaten more.  

I ordered the Migas Cuatros quesos -Two scrambled eggs with bacon, cheddar, mozzarella and Gruyere cheeses, stone ground corn tortilla chips topped with queso fresco and salsa roja, served with flour tortillas and roasted potatoes.  After reading the description I thought that it sounded like a breakfast nacho.  I thought that the food was tasty, but a little on the pricey side. When there are so many good Mexican restaurants to choose from that are cheap, it's not fair to compare it to a nice sit-down restaurant for brunch.  

I would definitely go back to La Duni for brunch. I probably would have to drag Mike to come with me, because I'm sure he'd rather buy 5-7 breakfast tacos for $11 at Rusty Taco or Taco Cabana.  

La Duni Latin Cafe
233 Town Place
Fairview, TX (972) 549-4069

No comments: