Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Enchiladas Part II

Mike and I finally ate those enchiladas that we had made a few weeks back (Don't worry, we froze those corn tortilla wrapped chicken bites). Mike and my mom have been taking care of dinner these days, so I was pleasantly surprised when I walked into the apartment and an enchilada dinner was waiting for me. 
I had mentioned to Mike that I like my enchiladas separate from the sauce, so he baked the tortillas in the oven.  He also made a simple yet tasty white enchilada sauce.  He used a recipe that my friend forwarded to me and altered it based on the ingredients that we had on hand.
Here's the gist of the recipe:
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 small can of green chiles
1/2 med onion chopped
Cheese
Sour cream
Salt and Pepper to taste
You would think that the sauce would taste similar to cream of mushroom soup, but you can hardly taste the mushroom since the green chiles masks the mushroom flavor.
It does not look very appetizing, but it tasted pretty good. I think that this "dry" version of enchiladas will make it into our dinner recipes rotation.

No comments: