Thursday, July 5, 2012

Freebirds World Burrito

A lot of our friends in Texas really like the burritos at Freebirds. I ate one a couple of years ago and thought didn't think the burrito was anything special. I decided to check the place out again, since a Freebirds opened up near my work place about a year ago.
Freebirds Chicken Nachos. The nachos were pretty good-although I prefer melted cheese on my chips rather than queso.  Mike thought that the queso had an extra spice to it; either anise or chinese five spice. 
Look at the decor! It feels like a motorcycle/trucker atmosphere.
 Mike's tiny ground beef taco.  I was a bit upset because we were charged $0.89 for the sour cream on this taco (see the tiny smidgen of white stuff) and were not told that there was an extra charge for sour cream (sour cream is free at Chipotle!).  Upon our next visit to Freebirds, I grabbed a take-out menu and was better prepared for the "Freebies" toppings and the charged toppings.

We went back to Freebirds to compare Apples to Apples and ordered burritos the second time around.  I ordered a carnitas burrito with cilantro and lime rice, black beans, and different kinds of salsas.
My heart still belongs to Chipotle.  Freebirds promotes the fresh ingredients too, but something about the efficiency in the Chipotle assembly line, the extra freshness of ingredients makes Chipotle my go to fast-casual restaurant for burritos.

Freebirds
8240 Preston Rd #115
 Plano, TX 75024
(214) 705-6808

No comments: