Saturday, July 7, 2012

Dallas Restaurants~Twisted Root Burgers

Twisted Root has been on our list of restaurants that we wanted to check out ever since we moved to Texas.  The main location is in Deep Ellum, so we never really wanted to drive out of our way just for burgers.  Last year, a Twisted Root opened up a few miles away from my work place, so we finally got around to checking out the burgers there.
Twisted Root has been featured on "Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives" and we've heard has been rated as having the best burgers in Dallas.  We ordered just the standard burger to share. I haven't been able to keep down much food (due to heartburn and acid reflux), so I now have to eat smaller portions of food.
We had to order the original burger so that we could fairly compare all the burgers we have tasted in Texas. Mike said that it was a really good dense burger. Dense. I think that's the best way to describe Twisted Root burgers. If you want an extremely meaty heavy burger, this is the place to go.  I don't think there was any filler in this compressed meat patty.
At each table there are Twisted Root sauces that you can add to your burger.  
There's a pickle station with four (I think four) different kind of pickles.  My favorite was the sweet bread and butter pickles.
Root Beer. One of my friends recommended that we try Twisted Root's root beer. It was a bit too earthy-tasting to me. 

I thought that the paper towel dispenser area looked neat. At first glance, you would think that this is some kind of bathroom design. I thought that it was worthy enough for a picture.
I gasped when I saw this. It's probably offensive to many people, but after all, it was posted in a burger restaurant that serves all kinds of meat.  

Mike and I will probably be back to Twisted Root again (maybe when family members come to visit later on this year).  We'd like to try other types of meat (elk, buffalo, venison, etc) and other burgers like the mushroom and swiss. After that, we'll be able to decide if Twisted Root is our favorite burger place in Texas. 

Twisted Root Burgers
7300 Lone Star Drive, Suite C150 (The Shops at Legacy)
Plano, TX
972-312-0011

No comments: