Sunday, July 15, 2012

Dallas Restaurants~Anvil Pub

Last week we attended a friend's birthday part at the Anvil Pub in Deep Ellum.

The reviewers on yelp raved about the mac and cheese at the restaurant. I didn't order it, but a couple of the people at the party though that the mac and cheese was way overrated. I thought that the pub served decent bar food. It's nothing fancy, but i thought that my chili nachos and the loaded chili and cheese fries tasted pretty good.  We were pleasantly surprised that there were Happy Hour specials, which included half-off appetizers. I thought that it was good deal for the quantity of food that we received.
Hammertime: Mac and cheese with chili ($4.95). This reminded me of a fancy Hamburger Helper dish (I'm not sure if that's a good descriptor or not). Mike compared it to his friend's mix of microwaved version of Fritos pie containing Fritos, canned chili, and cheese. 
Anvil Pub Nachos-Chili, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, olives, guacamole,and jalapenos ($8.75). I liked these nachos. I love melted cheese on my nachos rather than queso, and liked all the toppings on it.
Loaded Cheese Fries-Fries topped with cheese, bacon, sour cream, and chili ($8). Look at all that cheese! I just tried a few fries because my I knew that my stomach would not appreciate all that grease.

The Anvil Pub was a great place to hang out. Plus I think there was a "No Smoking" rule, so it was nice to enjoy a night free of second-hand smoke.

Anvil Pub 
2638 Elm St
Dallas,TX

No comments: