Monday, July 23, 2012

Bill Smith's Cafe

We were planning on meeting up with a couple of our friends at La Duni's the other weekend, but due to my lack of calling the restaurant to confirm they were open, instead of relying on the hours posted on the website, we arrive one hour earlier than the restaurant opened. We quickly found another restaurant to meet up at. The D Magazine rated Bill Smith's Cafe as one of the 20 best places for breakfast in 2010.
Biscuits and gravy. Mike felt like this was probably the best thing he ate. 
The decor was cute and had an old diner/cafe feel. I really wanted to like this place, but the food was just average. 
My over-easy eggs (don't worry I didn't eat the uncooked yolks) and bacon. 
Bill's famous hash supreme.  Hash browns with ham, eggs, and onions topped with cheese.  It sounded great on the menu, but Mike and my friends were not impressed with this dry dish. 
My french toast. It was a bit dry. I wish it had been more decadent with either more coating or more butter. 

The service was good,but the food was average. We were all a bit disappointed, but oh well, that just give us an excuse to meet up for brunch again. I guess I should have relied on yelp.com instead of the D Magazine review.
The good news is that we made plans to meet up for brunch next weekend at La Duni.  Hopefully we'll have a better experience!

Bill Smith's Cafe
1500 W. University Dr.
McKinney, Texas 75069
972-542-5331

No comments: