Saturday, July 21, 2012

Dallas Restaurants~Mooyah

A couple of months ago a Mooyah opened near our apartment.  I have never been to one, but Mike had checked the burgers out when we first moves to Texas almost three years ago.  I remember him telling me that the burgers were good, but that I should stay away from their shakes.
The ordering set-up is similar to Five Guys Burgers and Fries and Smashburger. You select your meat, type of bun, and then sauces and veggies.
Burgers cost $4.95 each and you have a choice between a hamburger, veggie, or turkey burger.
I ordered a hamburger with lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, relish, grilled onions, mushrooms, mustard, and  Mooyah sauce on the side.  Can you believe that all those veggies and sauces are free?  In case you are curious, Mooyah sauce tastes like Thousand Island dressing. Apparently most sauces named after the company taste similar to thousand island dressing with some kind of spice to differentiate it from other restaurants.
I thought that the burger was a bit messy (but what jam-packed burger isn't?), but I really enjoyed it. My favorite part was the toasted bun. It's so difficult to rate and compare burgers when I consume about one burger or less each month. If my memory serves me correctly, I'd say that Mooyah burgers are pretty comparable to Five Guys Burgers and Fries. I think Five Guys is still my favorite burger place in Texas, but let's just say that I would not be disappointed if someone wanted to go to Mooyah instead. 
Mike liked the fries. I thought that they were pretty good and very similar to Five Guys Burgers and Fries.

And right next to it, there's a Rita's that is opening soon!  This is a perfect stop between our house and the public library! We'll probably be stopping at Mooyah if we have burger cravings.

Mooyah
7000 Independence Parkway
Plano, TX 75025972-312-8804

No comments: