Monday, September 12, 2011

Spicy Buffalo Chicken Dip

I was pleasantly surprised when I came back from my work travels and saw the package containing the KC Masterpiece Buffalo Chicken sauce! Score! As part of the Foodbuzz Tastemaker Program, I received the KC Masterpiece Buffalo sauce.

I was at a bar in Michigan a few months back and had this awesome spicy buffalo chicken dip. It was so good that I told Mike about it and told him, "I want to try to make this!"  I have never made buffalo sauce from scratch, so I was so excited when the buffalo sauce came in the mail!

This was my attempt at the dip.  It was pretty much a warm dip containing shredded chicken, buffalo sauce, seasonings, and cheese. 

Spicy Buffalo Chicken Dip
1/2 cup KC Masterpiece Buffalo Sauce
2 cups cooked Chicken (shredded)
1 8oz package of cream cheese
1/4 cup ranch dressing
1/2 cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1 cup Mozzarella Cheese
Salt to taste (~1 tsp)
I was in a time crunch so I boiled some chicken tenders. I bet you could use canned chicken breast, although the texture of the chicken might be more fine and stringy. 

Pre-heat oven to 375F.

Beat cream cheese, ranch dressing, and Buffalo Sauce.
Fold in marinated shredded chicken. Spread mixture into a casserole dish or pan. Cover with foil. Bake at 375 in oven for 15-20 minutes. Serve with tortilla chips, or warm bread.

We decided to serve this to some friends who came over for a "Settlers of Catan" game night.   Everyone really enjoyed the dip.  This recipe will definitely be placed in my "keeper" recipes book!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks really good! Think I'll try it.

genkitummy said...

Anon-Hi! You should try it! Everyone I served it to really enjoyed it!