Thursday, September 15, 2011

New York City~Momofuku Milk Bar

One of the places I had to check out in New York was David Chang's Milk Bar.  I had read about the compost cookies, the crack pie, and all the wonderful creations at his shop. 
If you've been keeping up with all of Mike and my travels, you know that we have a tendency to get lost...A LOT. Especially when the maps I download on my ipod touch do not allow us to mark exact locations.  We were walking for what seemed like forever. The heat was getting to us and I was getting grumpy. We finally got to his corner and say the signature peach of momofuku.  I peered in and saw people eating noodles.
Mike asked, "Do you want to go and eat pork buns and noodles?"  I through a small fit and cried, "No, I do not want to eat at Ssam bar. I just ate pizza, you just had Katz, I want dessert, not lunch!"
Then Mike saw the neon pink sign "Milk" and we got really excited.  We walked into the clear doors and saw noodles being cooked. I asked one of the servers if I could see the dessert menu.  Then he directed me across the street to the Milk Bar. 


Ahhh!! We made finally made it there! The Milk Bar is a really small shop with only a couple of bar stools. I am guessing that people just pick up snacks after a late night out or after eating at the Ssam bar.  Here's the chalkboard menu. 


Truffles
There were so many choices at the Milk Bar, so we settled on buying a trio of cookies.    We bought the blueberry and cream cookie, the compost cookie, and the corn cookie. I have now added "creating a cookie with corn flour or corn meal" to my "Things to Do" list. 
Look at this cute birthday cake!
Creamsicle and Cereal Milk soft serve.  Yummy! It was so refreshing after walking miles to get there. Both flavors were not too sweet (just the way I like it).  For some reason I was expecting the cereal milk flavor to taste like the leftover milk in a bowl of Fruity Pebbles,m but it tasted like the leftover milk of corn flakes cereal.  It was good, but Mike and I both agreed that the creamsicle flavor was better.


Milk Bar
251 E 13th St
New York, NY 10003
Corner of 13th St / 2nd Ave

No comments: