Monday, February 8, 2010

Hawaii Restaurants~Sansei

Way back in September, Mike, my parents and I enjoyed a dinner at Sansei located in the heart of Waikiki.
Sansei has always been one of my favorite restaurants…especially when we go for the early bird 50% off special on Sundays or Mondays. I love the flavor combinations of all the sushi there and this time since there were four of at dinner, we tried some dishes that we had never ordered before.
Miso Butterfish
Shrimp Dynamite -one of my favorite dishes. Deep-fried shrimp drizzled with a spicy sweet mayo sauce and unagi sauce.
Japanese Calamari Salad California Roll
Agedashi Tofu
Lightly fried tofu with a mirin-soy dashi
This was my choice. I will stick with my favorites.
Kalbi
Asian Shrimp Cake
This was a little bit too oily for me. It tasted good, but compared to all the other items we ordered, this was one of my least favorite.

My favorite dish at Sansei would have to be the crab and mango salad hand wrap. I love the blend of mango and sweet chili sauce. It was a slight bummer that the mango was canned, but it still tasted good. I gladly ate the extra piece without any hesitation.

I was not a big fan of the kalbi, the butterfish was good, but we felt that the portion was small for the price.
I am not sure if I’d pay the regular price for a meal at Sansei, but when the menu (except for alcohol and the specials) are half off, the meal is definitely worth it.

Sansei Seafood Restaurant and Sushi Bar
Waikiki Beach Marriot Resort and Spa
2552 Kalakaua Avenue
Honolulu, Hawaii 96815
808-931-6286


1 comment:

Gem said...

Wow...all of that looks REALLY good. I have yet to go to Sansei in Waikiki.

I went to Sansei a loooong time ago when they were in restaurant row serving lunch.