Sunday, October 26, 2008

Foodbuzz 24, 24, 24: Courier Cafe

07:00 - Courier Cafe

While Mike was busily typing away on the computer, I had free range at the menu. I was planning on ordering the "Paper boy's special" (2 eggs, hashbrowns, and toast), but when I asked the waitress if pumpkin pancakes ($5.25) were available, I quickly changed my order to this seasonal treat. (Pumpkin pancakes are not on the menu, so you have to ask for them). In general, pancakes are one of my least favorite breakfast foods, but these were so delicious. They were topped with a load of whipped cream and a generous serving of spiced butter.
As of thus far on our trek, Courier Cafe is my current favorite restaurant.

Courier Cafe is one of the few places on our journey where I can say I have already tried the food. Still, I am excited to see the place since I've never actually been there...let me explain. Lauren went there for lunch once, and liked it so much that since I was flying in the next day, she saved some for me to try when I arrived. That is how good this place is. I had a cold....I can't remember what it was (I think it was a quesadilla), only that it was old, cold, and still tasted good. Nothing ultra fancy, but good none-the-less. Courier Cafe has been serving up grub since 1980, and I couldn't wait to experience the old-school Juggernaut firsthand.
The pumpkin pancakes were light and delicate, but full of flavor. And, the maple syrup was served WARM. I never realized how much of a difference that could make. I really enjoied Courier, and had to be careful not to polish off the plate and fill myself up before we moved on.

$7.69 - plus tax and tip

Total spent - $80.25


Courier Cafe (website)
217-328-1811
111 N. Race. St., Urbana, IL 61801

(Back to main blog)

No comments: