Wednesday, August 7, 2013


Did I mention that we have "Salad Night" once a week?  We also are trying to have a "Vegetarian Night" once a week too!
"Thai Salad" base-Cilantro, Romaine Lettuce, Bean Sprouts, Shredded Carrots, crunchy toppings and peanut dressing.
Finished Thai Chopped Chicken Salad dressed with the crunchy chow mein noodle topping.
Taco Salad-Lettuce, tomatoes, onions, carrots, taco "meat" (soy meat) with cooked in taco seasoning. We top the taco salad with Kraft Catalina dressing, black pepper, and a few shakes of tabasco.
This is how Mike eats his salad-topped with shredded cheese, sliced black olives, and a dollop of sour cream.
We then crush a few pieces of tortilla chips on top.  

Stay tuned for more of our salad dinners. 


Melissa said...

I'm curious, where do you get your peanut dressing here in Honolulu?

genkitummy said...

Melissa-Hi! I actually made it myself. I borrowed the California Pizza Kitchen cookbook from the library and tried to follow their recipe.
I did not like it, so I ended up doctoring it up a bit. Added more sweetness and a bit more heat.
The next time I make a peanut dressing again, I'll measure the ingredients and post the recipe.

Melissa said...

Thanks! Too funny, I'm a fan of CPK's peanut dressing (I get the Thai Crunch Salad all the time) but don't know where to get my own here!