Friday, May 3, 2013

Early Cinco De Mayo

We decided to celebrate Cinco De Mayo with a "Chipotle" style dinner this past Thursday.
Here's our healthier version of Chipotle's burrito.

Since I was in charge of the meal, I cut down some of the fat in the dishes. Mike said that it was not like Chipotle's meat because Chipotle includes all the extra fat in their meats, while I try to pull off all the excessive fat chunks.
Crock Pot Carnitas. I found a Chipotle barbacoa recipe online and then used it on some boneless pork shoulder roast (pork butt is on sale at Times for $1.89/lb until 5/7/13 but I used the Safeway Price Match to buy the pork shoulder).
Black Beans, Pico De Gallo, "Sour Cream'(Nonfat Greek Yogurt)
Cilantro Lime Rice
Here's what I put in my burrito.

Happy Cinco De Mayo everyone!

No comments: