Sunday, April 21, 2013

Large Mock Nothing Bundt Cake

Here's a picture of a large mock "Nothing Bundt Cake" that I made this month for a potluck party.  I think I'm starting to perfect my cream cheese frosting decorating skills.
I made some mini lemon bundt cakes in the past, but gave my mini bundt cake pan to a friend when we moved back home to Hawaii.
What do you think? Can I now start a bundt cake business?  Just kidding...
On a side note, I am starting to think that the Jello brand instant pudding formulation has changed.  I do not recall the batter being so thick and sticky.  I baked the cake anyway and I felt that it was not as fluffy as cakes I had made in the past.  I then made a rum cake (with cake mix and instant pudding) and the batter was sticky again. I ended up adding an extra 1/2 cup of water than what the recipe called for and it turned out fine.
Did anyone experience the same thing?

No comments: