Monday, January 28, 2013

Pho Que Huong

Back in November 2012 when my mom was up in Texas helping us take care of the baby, I raved about a Vietnamese restaurant called Pho Que Huong. I told her that I thought that it was the best fast food Vietnamese that Mike and I tasted in Texas.  I took her there for lunch one afternoon and we were greatly disappointed. It's a chain restaurant, so maybe we just visited the wrong location or maybe the cook's were having a bad day.
Grilled Chicken and Shrimp Vermicelli Noodles. This dish was okay, the noodles were a bit too overcooked and gummy for my taste.
Egg rolls.  I forgot to take a picture of it before we started eating it, so I had to take a picture of a half eaten piece. 
I ordered the lemon grass chicken and was extremely disappointed with this dish. The plate was about $8 and this is a picture of my food. It was basically two thin pieces of dry chicken. It was so dry that my mom and me dipped the chicken in the noodle sauce.  I'm also pretty sure that they sliced a chicken breast into three pieces and pounded it flat and served me two of the pieces.  Boo.
I was hungry after this meal, so we ended up going to Burger King and trying the seasonal gingerbread shake.
 
Pho Que Huong
8600 Preston Road #117
Plano,TX
214-618-8006

No comments: