Thursday, June 14, 2012

Rainbow Cupcakes!!!

Here's a recap of my attempt at making rainbow layered cupcakes! I bought a box of white cake mix and followed the recipe on the back of the box....then added a bunch of food coloring.
Here are my bowls of colored batter. I used Wilton's colored gels for coloring, but you can use regular food coloring. 
Here are the first two layers of batter. While I was layering the green batter on the blue batter, I started thinking that you could make cupcakes that looked like a globe.
Three layers.
I tried to fill each cupcake cup two-thirds full with batter. 
The finished cupcakes. They look pretty fluorescent and fun, but the real test is if the colored layers are apparent when I cut them.
I need to work on these a bit more so that the layers are more uniform. I think there is potential in these cupcakes! I have to work on evenly portioning the cake batter out. But not bad for my first attempt.