Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Texas Restaurant~SmashBurger

Mike and I stopped checking out burger joints in Texas for some reason.  We decided to remedy that and checked out Smashburger in Addison last month. Some of our friends feel that Smashburger is better than Five Guys Burger and Fries but I wanted to compare the two places on my own.
Onion Strings.  Yum!  They were super think and light.
Mike ordered a burger with lettuce, tomatoes, pickles and blue cheese dressing. Just like Five Guys, the burgers are made to order and you can choose to top your burger with unlimited sauces and toppings.
I ordered a small smashburger with grilled onions, lettuce, and tomatoes. 
Mike and I also shared a side of Sweet Potato Smashfries. These are tossed with olive oil, rosemary, and garlic. These fries had the right ratio of crispy crust and potato meat. The rosemary and garlic was a nice touch, but I would be fine without it.
So what was the verdict?  Mike thought that Five Guys Burger and Fries slightly beat out Smashburger, but it is difficult to compare when the burgers are not served side by side.
Flavor-wise, Five Guys might have the edge, but the last time I ate a burger and fries there, my bun and my fries were a bit soggy.  I felt that if you take the price into consideration, I might choose Smashburger.  I can order a side of fries and a small smashburger for the same price as a Five Guys burger. 

Smashburger
Multiple Locations

1 comment:

~TastyTravels~ said...

Yummy burgers! And sweet potatoes fries?? OMG, yummy!!