Sunday, April 8, 2012

Hawaii~Roy's

The day after we enjoyed our meal at Alan Wong's, we met up with one of my friends and had dinner at Roy's Ko'olina.  We have been to the Roy's in Hawaii Kai, Waikiki, and in Dallas and even though the food is supposed to taste the same at all the restaurants, Mike and I enjoy the food at the Hawaii Kai location the best. 

Escargo
Hawaiian Fusion Sampler Plate
Spicy Tuna Roll
Misoyaki Style Butterfish with Sweet Ginger Wasabi Sauce
Roasted Macademia Nut Crusted Mahi
Three treasures? (I guess this is what happens when you blog three months after you ate the meal).  My friend ordered a plate with the macadamia nut crusted mahi, a prosciutto wrapped shrimp, and a third option. It was one of the specials of the night, so it isn't on the signature menu.
Warm Pineapple Upside Down Cake. The oven was not working properly, so we could not order the famous chocolate souffle.
Lilikoi Cheesecake
I've always preferred Roy's over Alan Wong's, but after eating at back to back at Alan Wong's and then Roy's, I might be switching alliances. I love fresh fish and feel that both restaurants know how to cook fish, but the onaga that I had at Alan Wong's might have beat out the misoyaki butterfish I ordered at Roy's.  The long wait at Alan Wong's just left me a bit jaded. 

Roy's
92-1220 Aliinui Drive
Kapolei, HI 96707
(808) 676-7697

No comments: