Friday, February 3, 2012

Barcelona, Spain~ Boqueria Market

One of my favorite places in Barcelona was the Boqueria Market in the La Rambla area. This crowded open food market is filled with rows and rows of vendors selling all kinds of fresh food. There was a seafood section, fruit and vegetable section, meat section with various bakeries, food stands (think crepes, sit-down cook-to-order places, deli-type), and cheese vendors interspersed  between the sections.  I enjoyed looking at all the fresh food and buying unusual looking items. 
Preserved meats
Fresh figs!
Dried mushrooms and vegetables.
Beautiful heirloom tomatoes!
All different parts of animals were sold at this market.  Look brains!
I was grossed out when I saw all the goat heads staring at me, but I had to take a picture of it. 
I'm not sure what fruit this is, but I thought it looked interesting. Does anyone know what this is?
I had to take a picture of the assortment of gummy candies on display. 
Look at the assortment of fruit. I bought that tray of poha berries (ground cherries).
Freshly squeezed fruit juices! Look how colorful and pretty the juices look. I had to try one! I had a strawberry guava and Mike had a strawberry coconut.

No comments: