Monday, October 24, 2011

Dallas Restaurants~Bread Winners

When you ask people for recommendations for a good brunch restaurant,  "Bread Winners" and the "Original Pancake House" are the first two places recommended in the Plano and Frisco area.  I really want to like Bread Winners Cafe; but I've been there twice and am not sure what the hype is all about. I think I'm going to have to chalk it up to the chance that I have just strike out with my menu choices. 
Corned Beef Reuben Sandwich

Breakfast Tacos-Flour Tortillas with chorizo, eggs, peppers, onions, and cheese.
Texas  Beef Brisket Hash Benedict served on an english muffin with Tabasco hollandaise sauce
Fresh Strawberry and Cream Waffle.  The last time I ate at Bread Winners, I had ordered the Fresh Sampler Salad and was disappointed in the lack of flavor of the dish.  A lot of people were eating the waffles and french toast, so I thought that I picked a winner. Nope, even though the waffle looks good int he picture, it was a soggy waffle. It's sad to say this, but I as well as others who tasted the waffle felt that frozen Eggo waffles taste better.
Southern Pulled Pork Benedict with frizzled onions, buttermilk biscuit, and Tabasco hollandaise sauce.  This dish was flavorful and probably the best dish that was ordered amongst my friends. Maybe I did not get the memo that Bread Winners is known for their benedicts.
I am guessing this was the flank steak benedict with sliced tomatoes on Tuscan toast, served with a demi glace drizzle
BW's Benedict-Smoked Ham on an English Muffin
Bread Winners Cafe and Bakery
4021 Preston Road
Plano, TX 75093
972-312-9300

1 comment:

Dallas Banquet Halls said...

Dallas is truly a food-lover’s town. It is home to an incredible variety of restaurants and talented chefs mining the flavors of American, Italian, Asian and Mexican cuisine. Bread Winners is one of restaurant with the perfect combination of upscale dinning and casual friendly atmosphere. Thanks a lot.