Thursday, July 28, 2011

Book List

In a previous post, I mentioned that Mike and I cancelled our cable TV subscription in October 2010.  I started thinking about it and since we turned of the tube, both Mike and I have been reading a lot more. Mike's book choices have gravitated more towards the classics, 4th grade children's books, and books I randomly leave around the apartment. I've been choosing books based on recommendations by others, book club selections, and books I've heard about in various media outlets.   
I've always loved reading books for pleasure, but I often read more books than I give myself credit for.

Here's a list of the books I've read since October:
Hunger Games Series-Suzanne Collins
(Hunger Games, Catching Fire, Mockingjay)
*Girl with the Dragon Tattoo Trilogy-Stieg Larsson
(The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played with Fire, The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest)
*The Help-Kathryn Stockett
Onward-Howard Schultz
*Something Borrowed-Emily Giffin
*Friday Night Knitting Club-Kate Jacobs
Cinderella Ate my Daughter-Peggy Orenstein
*Fortune Cookie Chronicles-Jennifer 8. Lee
*Pomegranate Soup-Marsha Mehran
*Burnt Shadows-Kamila Shamsie
* denotes a book club book

I'd have to say that my favorite books have been the Hunger Games series and the Stieg Larsson trilogy.  Mike and I cannot wait until the "Hunger Games" movie comes out in 2012!
What have you been reading? Do you have any recommendations?

No comments: