Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Dallas Restaurants~Yucatan Taco Stand Tequila Bar and Grill

The first time we went here was back in December 2010 on a whim during my lunch break. A few of my friends wanted to eat at the Yucatan Taco Stand (I guess I had a say in the restaurant choice because they asked me if I wanted to eat sandwiches or tacos. I chose tacos). Since Mike was off that day, I quickly called him and told him to join us for lunch and at the same time drive over and meet us at the restaurant because I had left my coupon at home. I also forgot to tell him to grab my camera so that I could take pictures of all the food.
Chips and Salsa. I like the thin tortilla chips here. 
So this is the second time we are eating at the same restaurant, in a span of weeks. Woo....that must mean that we liked this restaurant. Nah, really what happened is that a friend from back home was road-tripping it from the East Coast to the West Coast and happened to be in Texas. He wanted to eat at a hole-in-the-wall type of restaurant and Mike and I were racking our brains trying to brainstorm a restaurant. We live near Dallas and over the past year, we've determined that Texas has almost all the American chain restaurants.
We finally settled on Yucatan Taco Stand, because it's close to my work place and I don't like to drive into Dallas.
Carne de Puerco Grilled Latin Sandwich with plantain chips

Mike ordered the spicy aged chorizo burrito, and was underwhelmed with this dish. So underwhelmed that I some how managed to lose the picture of the burrito. His lunch choice of the fish tacos was a better selection. I think we determined that if you stick with the tempura battered fish in the tacos or taco salad, you cannot go wrong.
Nachos with garlic shredded beef. These nachos are massive!  The first time I ate at the Yucatan Taco Stand, I saw other people order these nachos and I thought, "I have to order those!"  The nachos were good, but I actually preferred the salad with the original tempura fish with balsamic shallot vinaigrette and spicy herb buttermilk dressing. 
Yucatan Taco Stand Tequila Bar and Grill
2809 Preston Rd.
Frisco, TX 75034
Phone: 469-362-6161

1 comment:

~TastyTravels~ said...

Ohh that look delicious! I love a good Mexican meal!