Saturday, March 12, 2011

Hawaii Restaurants~En Fuego

Our winter trip back to Hawaii was only a week and a half long, yet we managed to eat out so many times!  Mike and I actually made a schedule (which we conveniently managed to leave back in Texas) so that we could hang out with our family and friends.
One night during our trip home we checked out En Fuego in Kapolei.  One of my friends lives on the far west side of the island, so Mike and I decided to meet up with her and her husband in Kapolei. 

Mike ordered a combination bento with garlic chicken and teri beef.  The garlic chicken was very flavorful and according to my friend, a lot of people on yelp.com recommended the garlic chicken. 
Hawaiian plate with kalua pig, laulau, mac salad, haupia, and lomi salmon. 
Mahimahi and garlic chicken combination plate.

I ordered the ahi tuna salad.  I was trying to order a healthy meal, but was disappointed with my dish. Mike and I both thought that there was a funky sour taste to my ahi tofu patty.  Next time I go back, I'll stick with the garlic chicken. 
The staff at En Fuego was extremely nice and accommodating. I think Mike and I would eat at En Fuego again. The food was reasonably priced and tasty.  But with our limited trips back home to Hawaii, we probably would not add En Fuego to our short list of restaurants we would return too. 

590 Farrington Highway
Building C-1, Suite # 534
Kapolei, HI 96707
(808) 674-8805

No comments: