Sunday, February 20, 2011

Hawaii Restaurants~Angelo Pietro's

Pietro's Restaurant is one my sister's favorite restaurants.  It's an Italian-Japanese fusion restaurant that serves pasta and pizza dishes with an Asian flair. 
While we were growing up, this would be her restaurant choice to celebrate special occasions.  I really enjoyed Pietro's when my family first started frequenting this restaurant back in the days when it was located across of McKinley High School.  The chefs would experiment with appetizers and we would always receive small portions of the concoction of the day. Flash forward several years to Pietro's, now located on Kapiolani Blvd close to the Ala Moana Shopping Center.  The prices have increased, smaller portions, and there are  no free appetizers (and this was prior to the recession). 
Anyways, liked I mentioned, this is one of my sister's favorite restaurants in Hawaii.  She makes it a point to eat here at least once each time she visits Hawaii. 

Okay, so I do not hate Pietro's I just think that it's a bit over-priced and I like other restaurants more. One could argue that California Pizza Kitchen is over-priced, but I like that restaurant and no one is going to change my mind.
One of my favorite things about Pietro's are their dressings.  They have four different Asian-inspired dressings that are yummy! You can buy these at local stores such as Long's and Don Quixote. My family cuts up cabbage really fine and we top it with the sesame miso dressing (our favorite flavor). 
Here's the raw potato salad. Sounds a little gross, but it's really good. Raw potato is thinly sliced and is served with all the four dressings.
My standard order-I always order the same thing.  Mushroom and Spinach spaghetti with a shoyu-based sauce.  At Pietro's you have a choice of a cream, tomato, garlic and oil, or shoyu sauce.
Eggplant and Spicy Ground Beef-My dad's standard order. Our family pretty much sticks with what we know works.  I don't think he's changed his pasta order in the past 10 years. 
Natto Spaghetti-This is my sister's standard order. Yes, she likes natto too. 
Here's an order of a chicken, mushroom, and broccoli pasta with cream sauce. The cream sauce at Pietro's is a light cream sauce, so it's quite different from a really creamy alfredo.

My sister would hands down recommend this restaurant to people. I think Pietro's serves tasty food, I just do not enjoy it as much as my sister. 

Angelo Pietro Honolulu
1585 Kapiolani Blvd. Suite 110
Honolulu, HI. 96814
Ph: 808-941-0555

2 comments:

~TastyTravels~ said...

I totally didn't know they had a restaurant! I *heart* the ume dressing! I buy it all the time!! YUM!

Anonymous said...

I sadly haven't gone back to Angelo Pietro since my little cousin (he was 3 at the time) broke out in hives all over his body after a dinner there.
I do love the ume dressing however.

I'm on such a ume kick at the moment, I have recently had literally 5 meals a week of soba with a tsuyu sauce with ume paste & wasabi. I just can't stop.