Monday, January 17, 2011

French McDonald's~French Macarons

While we were walking down Champs-Elysees, I saw this sign in McDonald's, and decided to make a pit stop.  McDonald's offers six different flavors of macarons-chocolate, pistachio, strawberry, vanilla, caramel, and lemon (I think).
I tried a chocolate macaron at McDonald's. I am assuming that macarons produced for McDonald's in France must be mass produced. I thought that these macarons were similar to the macarons that I had tasted in the USA.   They were not as light in texture or as rich in flavor as Pierre Herme's or Laduree's macarons.  This macaron had a slight stale heavy texture.
Pistachio Frappe. These frappes were light and airy and nothing like the frappes that are currently sold at McDonald's.  Mike did not care for the pieces of pistachio in this drink.
The assortment of pastries and macarons sold at McDonald's.

No comments: