Tuesday, March 3, 2009

We're off to Texas!

Panel is done! I can have a life again. Well, sort of...as much of a life as a grad student can have. Now SAS statistical software and I are becoming friends (or more like enemies).
A couple of us students are road-tripping it down to Dallas, Texas this week to attend the Research Chef Association's annual conference. Road Trip! Woot woot!
There are so many super cool workshops such as the "Make room for the Millennials:Product Development Geared to Generation Y" and "R&D Insight from Panera Bread: A Fresh Look at the Product Development Process."
Yes, I have "D-O-R-K" written across my forehead, but seriously, this kind of stuff makes me really excited!

On our road trip down to Texas, we'll be "Diners, Drive-In, and Dives"-ing it and some hole-in-the-wall places for yumminess. Get excited!

And gasp...I am not taking my laptop with me. This will be the longest time (~4 days) I'll go without checking my email or browsing the internet. I'm only taking my digital camera, cell phone, and my new camcorder!

4 comments:

K and S said...

exciting!

Diana said...

Good for you! There's something freeing about taking a break from the computer. Have a great trip, I love your bag by the way.

Anonymous said...

Hey lauren, I hope you have a fun time!

genkitummy said...

thanks everyone for the comments. the conference was great! i'll post about it this week.