Sunday, October 26, 2008

Foodbuzz 24, 24, 24: Sushi Kame

21:00 - Sushi Kame
We changed our sushi plans midway through the game after we realized that people seemed to prefer Sushi Kame to Yellowfin.
We got a soft-shell crab roll ($5.5), a spicy tuna roll($4.25), and a volcano roll ($7.50, california roll with spicy sauce and masago over it). I enjoied them all, and they were far better than I expected hundreds of miles from the ocean.
Here's a picture of the sushi chef. He was quite flattered when we asked if we could take a picture with him. I asked if he would hold up a knife, but he said no, because it would be too scary.
I’ve been living in Champaign-Urbana for over 3 years and have been too scared to order sushi at any restaurant in the area. After consuming the sushi, I thought that it was decent, but I’ve tasted much better back home in Hawaii.


$22.00 - plus tax and tip
Total spent - $256.59

Sushi Kame (menu)
217-356-3366
132 W. Church St.
Champaign, IL

(Back to main blog)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The chef is my father(:

Lauren said...

What a small world! Your father was a good sport and let us take his picture!