Sunday, October 26, 2008

Foodbuzz 24, 24, 24: Seaboat

15:00 - Seaboat
Lauren first describe Seaboat to me as a place where everything is fried. I thought "this is my kind of place." I love fried seafood, and that appears to be seaboat's specialty. The only issue here for me is that it might be a little heavy for us after a whole day of eating. Lauren also made fun of me for changing clothes. Hey, my old shirt still smelled like the Fat Sandwich Company!
We settled on a Seaboat Jr. sandwich ($4.49), which the cashier told us was a smaller version of their most popular item. It was a fried piece of walleye (I think) on a bun with lettuce, tomato and mayonnaise. The fish was crispy and hot, and the vegetables tasted fresh. The fun thing here, was that when we told the cashier what we were doing, the started to treat us like restaurant critics. I told them we weren't professionals, but they were super nice to us anyway. I really want to go back and try all the other fried things! Erica also promised the staff that she'd be back. The good thing about Seaboat is that the food is made to order, therefore it is perfectly crisp. We actually did not finish the fish sandwich, and two hours later, when our friend Aaron tasted the sandwich, he said that the fish sandwich even tastes good cold!


$4.86 - plus tax
Total spent - $132.22


Seaboat (menu)
217-355-9933
403 West Kirby, Champaign, IL 61820

(Back to main blog)

No comments: