Thursday, August 21, 2008

Doraku

My friends planned an awesome bachelorette party which started off with dinner at Doraku. Doraku is a Japanese fusion-type sushi bar located in the Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center in Waikiki. The food is served izakaya (or tapas) style, so the portions are smaller and are meant to be shared.
We started the night off with two bottles of wine and a pitcher of sangria. Don't order the sangria, it wasn't so good.
Rock Shrimp served with a spicy mayonnaise sauce ($10.25). This is a typical Shrimp Dynamite dish.
Dragon Roll ($11.95). Shrimp tempura, asparagus, avocado, cucumber, masago, and spicy mayo. Crispy Calamari served with a curry sauce ($8.75).
Beef Maki ($10.75). This was our least favorite dish of them all. It was think slices of marinated beef wrapped around vegetables. The meat lacked a bit of flavor and had a chewy texture. We also ordered the Doraku Seafood salad ($13.95) which consisted of mixed greens topped with raw tuna, salmon, yellowtail, and whitefish. This was my favorite dish, but I think that if you cover anything with a ponzu-type sauce I'll usually like it. My second favorite dish was the spicy tuna rolls($7.25). I am not sure what I did with those pictures, but when I find them, I will post them. We also ordered the Chicken Karaage, and tempura? I don't really remember. That's what happens when I delay my posts for weeks.
Found them...
Doraku Seafood Salad
Spicy Tuna Roll


Doraku
2233 Kalakaua Ave.
Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center
Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815
808 922-3323

3 comments:

Diana said...

It looks like you guys had a great time! Good food too :)

genkitummy said...

yup, it was pretty good there. do you recognize all your hs classmates?

Diana said...

I did, it was so fun to see everyone! We're all so grown up :)