Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Guess what today is?

It's 31-cent ice cream day at Baskin-Robbins! From 5-10pm tonight it's Baskin-Robbins annual event to honor fire fighters. I wasn't going to go watch "Top Chef" tonight because I'm totally swamped with work and feel absolutely drained, but after my friend called about it and the thought of ice cream perked me up.

When it comes to ice cream, shave ice, and candy I am not one to stray from what I know is good. Rocky Road is my all-time favorite flavor of Baskin-Robbins ice cream. I've tried other brands of rocky road, but none of them are as rich in chocolate and have crunchy nuts and whole marshmallows in it. Yum yum!

I have an analogy about dating and ice cream...I think people should approach dating like how they approach ice cream. You have to taste the different flavors to determine what you like. Everyone knows the typical ice cream characteristics they like or dislike (i.e. I do not like caramel, any fruit besides strawberry, and stale nuts in my ice cream); so you make selections based on what you think you like. You try double chocolate or very berry strawberry. You then end up becoming fond of that oreo cookie ice cream, you keep ordering it, and it becomes your favorite. And it is okay to try that pink bubblegum one that you think might not be the best bet, but have been eying out from afar. Okay, that's where my analogy ends.

Long story short, Mike is my Dave's ice cream lychee sherbet and I'm his mint chocolate chip. Glad I could enlighten you all.

No comments: