Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Hawaii Restaurants~Corner Kitchen

Now that I work in town, I tend to stay in town until traffic dies down. What better way to spend my time than meeting up with friends for dinner?  I met up for one of my good friends from college and ate at Corner Kitchen in Kapahulu (since I had a groupon coupon).  
Chicken Katsu Curry and Rice. This is probably the most crispy chicken katsu that I had in a while. Yum!
We ordered a sampler platter that contained a spicy tuna roll, cory-en spicy chicken, and spicy shrimp.  Spicy Tuna Roll. Meh. We did not finish this plate. :(  We thought that the sushi would be tasty here since there are two pages on the menu devoted to sushi, but based on the spicy tuna sushi, we decided to try other sushi.
Shrimp was tasty! Deep-fried battered shrimp with spicy sauce and a mayonnaise sauce.
Cory-en Spicy Chicken. This was spicy tasty and crisp.  This was my friend's favorite dish.  
Miso Butter Ramen.  The ramen was okay.  I think that this dish was tasty but I think ramen shops with the word "ramen" in their name taste much better.

Overall, we thought the food at Corner Kitchen was just okay. Nothing was really memorable, but maybe we just ordered the wrong items. When we left the restaurant, it was kind of crowded. I think it was partially because there is free live music at 6:30pm, but we opted out of listening to music, so that we could chat and catch up.
We decided to end the night by walking over to Corner Kitchen for some frozen slush float. I had the strawberry slush float and my friend had the root beer slush float (I chose for him).  They were both tasty, but we both enjoyed the strawberry one the most. 

Corner Kitchen
477 Kapahulu Ave
 Honolulu, HI 96815
(808) 732-3217

Rainbow Drive-In
3308 Kanaina Ave
 Honolulu, HI 96815
(808) 737-0177

2 comments: