Sunday, October 7, 2012

Mini Corn Dogs

I saw pictures of these mini corn dogs on Pinterest and wanted to try them. I rarely eat hot dogs and could not get myself to buy regular high fat hot dogs and bought turkey dogs. 
Generously spray a mini muffin tin with non-stick oil spray.  Fill the mini muffin pan with prepared cornbread mixture. I used a box of Jiffy cornbread mix and followed the instructions on the box. 
Place the 1" hot dog pieces into the batter. Bake at 375F for ~12 minutes.
Serve the mini corn dogs with ketchup or mustard.  Mike thought that these were just "okay." He recommended that the next time I make these I use REAL hot dogs and make a fluffier cornbread.  I guess that means I have to make a cornbread batter from scratch or find a cornbread mix that results in a fluffier finished product.

No comments: