Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Easy Cheesy Garlic Bread

This is one of my quick and easy recipes that I make to accompany pasta dishes or when we buy a pack of bread from Sam's Club and are not sure what to do with the second loaf.

Horizontally cut the bread loaf in half.
Mix garlic, butter (or margarine), mayonnaise, salt, and shredded cheese (I use sharp cheddar) and spread over the bread.  I do not measure the ingredients, I basically make a paste/dip consistency with the ingredients.  I like a lot of garlic and cheese, so I usually use about 7 medium sized cloves to 3/4 cups mayonnaise.
Spread the mixture evenly on the bread. 
Bake for 10-15 minutes at 350F or until the cheese starts to melt. 

 Cool the bread for until you can touch it (5-10 minutes) and then cut the bread into slices.  We forgot about the bread in the oven and ended up with some burnt edges. Enjoy!

No comments: