Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Boston, MA~Vietnamese Food

A new restaurant that popped up in Randolph, MA was N&H Saigon sub.  Before I describe the food at this restaurant, here's a little background on my work travel.  I lived in the same little town in Massachusetts for the whole month of March.  Imagine eating 2-3 meals a day from different restaurants. I'm sure that sounds good to most people and this is probably how most New Yorkers or residents of large cities live, but I enjoy home-cooked meals over eating out.  Mike is the opposite of me and enjoys eating out.  
So after a couple months living in the same place in 2011 and one more month in March 2012, any new restaurant is a refreshing change to the routine.  I think I've tried the majority of the menus at PaneraCalifornia Pizza Kitchen, and a small Thai restaurant in Randolph, MA.  And have probably eaten food from most American chains (Applebee's, Outback, Maggiano's, Olive Garden, Cheesecake Factory, Romano's, Chili's, On the Border, Noodles and Company, Chipotle, etc) more than a few times.  
I digressed. I really do like supporting small businesses, so was happy to check out N&H Saigon Sub.  This restaurant received positive reviews on Yelp and I was craving something other than food from restaurant chains.
Grilled Chicken Banh mi sandwich ($3).  The french bread was crispy and all the ingredients seemed fresh.
I am partial to Bale's sandwiches back home in Hawaii and would have enjoyed more pickled vegetables in my sandwich, but I thought that the flavor of the sandwiches was good.  I'm not sure if banh mi in Hawaii are authentic or if the ones in the mainland US are more authentic, so please do not take my opinion to heart.
Tofu Banh mi sandwich ($3).  I ordered smoothies from them a couple of times and enjoyed the soursop flavor ($3) a lot. I find it odd that the smoothies and sandwiches are priced the same. I'm not complaining, but I think that a $3 banh mi sandwich with meat is a steal!
Vermicelli noodles with spring rolls ($4.75).
Coconut Tapioca. This was okay. The fruits had a slight sour taste, which made m think that the tapioca may have been on the verge of becoming spoiled. 


N&H Saigon Sub
1185 N Main St
Randolph, MA 02368
(781) 963-8800

3 comments:

~TastyTravels~ said...

Glad you were able to venture out and try something new!! I love banh mi!

Anonymous said...

Can u post your simple cream cheese frosting recipe? Do you have a marshmallow type one too? Need a good frosting for cupcakes. Thanks.

M&DT

genkitummy said...

Holly-Me too! I really enjoy banh mi sandwiches.

M&DT-I'll post a cream cheese frosting recipe. I've never made a marshmallow type one before.