Friday, October 28, 2011

Tervis Tumbler and Raspberry Spritzer

If anyone has every seen my desk at work or seen my lounge around at home, I love water.  I carry a cup/mug/water bottle pretty much every where I go. 
Thank you to Foodbuzz's Tastemaker Maker and Tervis for sending me this tumbler! I love the fact that the tumbler is double insulated so there is no watermark left at my desk.
Back in the summer I bought these beautiful fresh raspberries but did not have a chance to use them quickly, so I froze them. I wanted to make a pretty drink to celebrate the arrival of my new Tervis cup, so decided to create my version of "Flour Bakery's" raspberry soda. 

Here's my current favorite drink: Raspberry Spritzer

Raspberry Syrup
1 c. granulated sugar
1/2 c.Water
~1 pint of Raspberries

This is a picture of the raspberry and syrup mixture prior to blending
Make a simple syrup (2 parts of sugar to 1 part of water). Measure and pour the sugar and water in a pan and heat on medium to high heat. Stir to dissolve the sugar. When the solution starts to boil, reduce your heat to medium heat and stir it until some of the water starts to evaporate and the syrup starts to thicken. Turn off the heat and add the washed raspberries.
Mix and gently mash the raspberries in the hot syrup. Cool to room temperature. If you have an immersion blender, blend the mixture together when the syrup and then strain
You have just made the raspberry syrup.  Pour some of the syrup into a cup (maybe a Tervis tumbler???) and then pour some club soda or sparkling water into the cup and gently stir. 
I freeze the syrup so that I can enjoy raspberry spritzer whenever I feel like it. Yummy!

No comments: