Friday, August 26, 2011

Texas Restaurants~Tim Love's Lonesome Dove Round 2

After last year's Restaurant Week, Mike and I concluded that one of our favorite restaurants in Texas was Tim Love's Lonesome Dove in Fort Worth Texas. A bunch of our friends decided to go there this year, so we quickly jumped on the bandwagon and joined in for dinner. I describe this restaurant with, "I rarely eat meat, but I love the steak at Lonesome Dove!"
Texas Yellow Squash Soup, Gruyère Cheese, Crème Fraîche

Grilled Corn, Cucumber, Heirloom Tomato Salad, Red Wine Vinaigrette
Watermelon Granita-Palate cleansers must be the trendy. I had a palate cleanser at both Lonesome Dove and Abacus. 
Roasted Garlic Stuffed Beef Tenderloin, Western Plaid Hash, Syrah Demi-Glace.
All five of us ordered the same entree, so there is only one picture of a steak. We were at a steakhouse so no one opted for the pork chop or fish. This was the main feature of the night.  I thought my medium tenderloin just melted. Mike said that my piece was better than his.  One of the other boys was satisfied with his meal, but would have liked it if the meat was 33% bigger. 

Ricotta Cheese Cake with Balsamic Glazed Strawberries and Tuile
This year's menu was almost identical to last year's Restaurant Week menu. The main difference that Mike and I noted was that the dessert switched from a butterscotch pudding to a ricotta cheesecake. The cheesecake was not a fan favorite. It had a gritty texture and the first and last time I made ricotta cheesecake, mine was much more smooth than this one.  I don't understand why Lonesome Dove switched from a pudding to a cheesecake. My initial analysis is that a cheesecake is more expensive and time consuming, and takes up more refrigeration space than last year's delicious butterscotch pudding. 

Balsamic Glazed Strawberries sans cheesecake for Kendell

All in all, we had a great time and really enjoyed the meal. While a few of us were waiting for the rest of the party to arrive, we sat at the bar, enjoyed some elk sliders (yum!) and drinks, and met and took pictures with Tim Love! How great is that? 

2 comments:

~TastyTravels~ said...

Your dinner looks delicious!!

Anonymous said...

Yummy, yummy, yummy! I am salivating. I'm on the next plane to Dallas.