Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Berthillon-Paris, France

I've concluded that if I continue at the rate of approximately one blog post a week, I will not be able to post about our trip back home to Hawaii until mid-May.  So, I've made the executive decision (since Mike hardly blogs anymore) to compile more pictorial posts of our trip to London and Paris. This trip occurred during the late November 2010.  Hopefully this will help me to keep on track with the blog posts this year.  
Berthillon is probably the most famous ice cream in France.  One of my friends told me that we had to stop by Berthillon during our trip to Paris. She told me that it was the best ice cream that she ever ate. Even though the weather was a bit nippy (~40F), Mike and I trekked over to the Berthillon shop. 

Look at all the different flavors! Lucky for us there was an English translation for all the different flavors. 
I settled for a two scoops of ice cream-cacao extra bitter, and the mango.  The flavors were amazing! The chocolate ice cream was a rich and had a really dark chocolate flavor-but I was warned with the descriptive name.  I'm not sure if this was the best ice cream that I've ever had in my life. But if I stop to think about it, I'm not sure that I could pinpoint the best ice cream that I have every eaten.

Mike opted to not order ice cream because on our walk over to the shop, he stopped and bought a gyro to tide himself over.  Isn't that strange? since the gyro is a grab and go "street food" the french fries are wrapped into the gyro. 


Berthillon
31 Rue St Louis en l'ile
75004 Paris, France
01 43 54 31 61

2 comments:

~TastyTravels~ said...

Yum!! I've heard about Berthillon. It's on my list of "to eats". Thanks for posting. Now I'm dreaming of the dark chocolate!

K and S said...

I've heard good things about this place! glad you got to try it!