Thursday, August 19, 2010

Texas Restaurants~Loft 610

About two years when I was interviewing in Texas,  I went to Loft 610 for dinner.  I previously posted about this restaurant and was not thrilled about the food.
Flash-forward to 2010 and after a couple of recommendations and the fact that Tre Wilcox from Bravo's Top Chef is the Executive Chef, Mike and I decided to check out the restaurant with a couple of friends. 

The menu was posted online and I was not quite sure what I wanted to order.  Here's the complete $35 Restaurant Week menu with pictures of the items we ordered.  My choice is in the pink font, Mike's is in the blue font.  All the dishes in the black font are items that we did not order. Would you believe me if I told you that I pre-posted Mike's picks prior to dinner?  Based on his food preferences, I took a stab at what he would order. 

1st Course
Seared Shrimp and Diver Sea Scallop, Watermelon, Cilantro, Olive Oil

Jumbo Lump Crab Cake, Citrus Champagne Sauce

Crispy Pork Spring Rolls, Red Chili Dipping Sauce
Baby Iceberg “Wedge” Oven Roasted Tomato, Bacon, Chives
Caesar Salad, Grilled Sourdough Croutons, Shaved Parmesan
Lobster Bisque, Grilled Vegetables

2nd Course
 Red Wine Braised Chicken, Polenta Croutons, Grilled Asparagus

Grilled Wild King Salmon, Black Truffle Risotto, English Peas, Citrus Brown Butter

Roast Beef Tenderloin, Chipotle Jack Cheese Grits, Ancho Shiner Bock Sauce

 Pan Roasted Mahi Mahi, Shrimp Fried Rice, Carrot Ginger Butter (The actual menu had a sea bass with a mango sauce). 
Wood Roasted Bone In Pork Chop, Three Cheese Potato Gratin, French Beans

The highlight of my night was definitely the sea bass. It was perfectly cooked and so light, yet moist. I wasn't a fan of the fried rice because the texture of the rice was a bit like risotto.  Actually our friend Chris thought that it was risotto. 

Dessert
 Chocolate Seduction Cake with Caramel Whipped Cream and Raspberry Sauce

White Chocolate Banana Bread Pudding with Rum Toffee Sauce
Texas Peach and Blueberry Crisp with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream

I ordered the chocolate cake, but ended up finishing up Mike's peach and blueberry crisp.

We enjoyed the company and will definitely be trying out more restaurants! I love it when you go out with friends who also enjoy good food and who like to sample each others dishes!

If you were like me and wrote Loft 610 off your list of dining establishments, I would recommend that you go back to the restaurant and try it again. 

Loft 610
Granite Park 5760 State Hwy 121 Suite 175
Plano, TX 75024
972.377.2500

No comments: