Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Boston~Minstral Restaurant

***I was scanning my blogspot dashboard and saw that I had forgotten to post about this restaurant that we ate at in Boston.***

On Sunday morning of our Boston trip we had a delicious brunch at Minstral Bistro in Boston.  How did we select this restaurant with all the numerous eateries available in Boston?  Well, the restaurant "chose us."  The bed and breakfast we stayed at had a deal that if you booked a room for more than 2 nights you could receive a $50 gift certificate for the Minstral.  As Mike has mentioned in previous posts, I like deals. 

The meal started off with a lemon coffee cake muffin. 
 

Thien we ordered:
Sticky Buns

Smoked Salmon, Creme Fraiche Whipped Potatoes and Scallion Pizza.
This was my favorite dish I thought it was unique to hae a pizza "sauce" composed of creme fraiche and potatoes.  I am going to attempt to replicate this one day. 

Lemon Poppyseed-Ricotta Pancakes with Rhubarb and Strawberry Salad. 
This was my least favorite dish. Pancakes are one of my least favorite breakfast foods, but the description of the pancakes sounded delicious. They pancakes were cooked perfectly and I'm sure a pancake-liker would enjoy them; they were just not for me.  It also didn't help that Mike mentioned that the taste of the pancakes was similar to Costco's lemon and poppyseed muffins.

The pancakes were served with Pommes Lyonnaise.

Niman Ranch Bacon, Lambs Lettuce, Oven-Cured Tomato Sandwich on Corn Toast, Rosemary Frites.
This was Mike's favorite dish.
All of the food was delicious and plated in a cute yet classy way.  We loved the ambience and the service at this restaurant and had a great experience.  We ordered WAY too much food and took about half of it home.  We felt like "richies"(reference to a South Park episode) because we rarely order one appetizer and entree per person.  It was nice to live it up for a leisurely brunch on our Sunday morning in Boston.   

Minstral Bistro
223 Columbus Avenue
Boston, MA
(617) 867-9300

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You two are true foodies.
Everything looked ono.

M&DT