Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Texas Restaurants~The Grape

I never used to be a burger lover.  Maybe it was because when I thought of burgers, I instantly thought of frozen processed hamburger patties.  But oh, how magical the world is when there are homemade burgers that are hand-formed and grilled to order.  Mmmm...Now I seek out yummy homemade burgers. 
One of my friends suggested that we go to The Grape for sunday brunch because their cheeseburger was rated #1 in Texas Monthly's "50 Best in Texas 2009."  My interest was heightened when I found out that the cheeseburger was only served on Sundays and Mondays. 

Take a look at that cheeseburger.  It's a 10 ounce burger topped with homemade bacon (fried extra crispy) and white cheddar served on a toasted bun.  On the side of the burger were lettuce, onions, tomatoes, and horseradish pickles. I am not a fan of horseradish, but these pickles were surprisingly good.  The burger was served with fries for a total cost of $12.99. Not too shabby for a massive burger that required me to open my mouth so wide that I could not manage to look girly in the process. 
Would I say this is the "best" burger in Texas? I don't think that's a fair statement, since I haven't had many burgers to compare it to.  The Grape's cheeseburger was delicious and I would definitely go back to eat it again, but I still have miles of unchartered burger territory before I can make that claim. 

*The Grape is a cute little locally owned restaurant in Dallas. I would suggest making reservations because this restaurant was packed last Sunday afternoon.

2802 Greenville Ave.
Dallas, TX 75206
(214)828-1980

No comments: