Saturday, November 8, 2008

Texas!

I just got back from Texas (which was much warmer than Illinois). The company that I interviewed at is AWESOME! The interviews (all four of them) are over and now all I have to do is wait. I extended my trip and spent Saturday and Sunday with one of my most favorite friends....Kendell!
Here's a few pictures from Texas. I'll be posting more later, I just realized that I haven't posted in a while and Mike said he didn't have any adventures to blog about while I was gone.
All my "business casual" clothes for the interview. Call me weird, but I spent the first hour of my stay in Texas ironing my clothes.

On the first day that I arrived I met Kendell for lunch at the Main Street Bread Baking Company. I had the sandwich and salad combo of a tuna sandwich and spinach salad. Yummy! This was the start of five days of constant eating. I guess when you interview for a food company, they want to keep the recruits happy.
On the Friday morning prior to our interviews, we were instructed to eat at the hotel and order room service or go to the hotel restaurant. I opted for room service. No, I'm not a "country bumpkin" but I have only ordered room service once in my life, and that was on a cruise. To me, ordering room service is an exciting treat!
I ordered the healthy breakfast of skim milk and french toast (whole wheat bread dipped in egg whites, crusted with corn flakes) topped with light syrup and fruit. My Thursday breakfast was the antithesis french toast which was white bread soaked in an egg yolk and heavy cream mixture, coated with corn flakes, fried and topped with whipped cream and strawberries. MMmmmm...I'd take the full-Calorie french toast anyday!

And lastly, here's a picture of Kendell and me at the Arboretum. I'll post more pictures of our food adventures later on this week.

4 comments:

Chou said...

I am sooooo glad you had a good experience. Here are my fingers crossed for your good luck! And that last pic of you and Kendell--so cute! :)

Michelle said...

Sounds like it was a great trip! I hope it works out for you! I went to Texas last year in January while I was still living in Oregon and it was oh so nice to have nice weather in winter!

Congrats on passing your prelim exam and on the foodbuzz 24, 24, 24 - what an adventure!!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good time in Texas!

genkitummy said...

chou-texas was fun. i'll let you know the results. still haven't heard back yet.

michelle-nice weather during the winter is definitely a perk.

thanks lori!