Monday, July 7, 2008

New Orleans Part 1~Pat O'Brien's

Half of the "Dream Team" (UIUC's Product Development team) arrived on Friday night. We began our travels at 10:45am Friday morning and transported our "Dream Pie Bars" on dry ice. Surprisingly we did not encounter a lot of hassle from airport security about the fact that we were carrying dry ice onto the plane.

We started the night off at Pat Obrien's which is famous for their hurricane drinks. I drank about an inch of my drink (~1 oz) and felt the alcohol and stopped drinking that thing. See those red drinks, they have about 4 shots of rum in them!

I ordered the sampler which was a trio of gumbo, crawfish etouffee, and jambalaya. I do not know exactly what I was expecting from creole food, but I thought the taste of these New Orleans delicacies were mediocre. At this point of my trip, I was a bit disappointed with New Orleans food. The others ordered crawfish cakes, jambalaya, and shrimp creole. Unfortunately I took blurry pictures of those dishes, so I can't post about them.

No comments: