Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Eating Squirrels???

While studying for my qualifying exam one of my professors told me that I should subscribe to a Food Safety listserv from Kansas State. Every day via email I am sent the headlines about foodborne illness, food recalls, etc. It's kind of interesting and it's a great way to keep up to date on the latest happenings. And sometimes stories like these pop up: Green Foodies going nuts about squirrels" The gist of the story is that in London people are starting to purchase and consume squirrel meat. People are paying about $8.50 a squirrel. From what I gather, these are the same squirrels that we see scampering around the US.


***My Shameless non-food plug: Go David Archuleta! I just watched the Finale. David A.'s "Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me" was awesome! He better win. After Clay didn't win a few years ago I stopped watching American Idol for a while***

No comments: